Winters are here, Embrace yourself!
This winter swear by healthy food and no matter how cozy your bed may seem, leave it and go for a good run. We all gain a few kilos in the chilly season because winter brings love, in form of sweets, paranthas and not to miss the New Year celebrations and other festivities.
Here is a recipe for you guys to keep you warm and will make snuggle up in your blanket. How about a hot bowl of sweet corn soup? Double YASS
On a chilly winter’s evening, nothing beats the first wholesome sip of a thick and luscious spoonful of corn soup, made with tempering using butter and lots of veggies.
Rich in nutrients also including antioxidants, they are a must to keep your eye health @ 100%. Consume sweet corn soup guilt-free as it has less sugar compared to an apple. Not to forget that it is gluten-free and has good gut bacteria.
Without further ado let’s get started with the recipe
Sweet Corn Soup Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Fresh Sweet Corn
- 1 Small Finely Chopped Carrot
- 2-3 Finely Chopped Spring Onion
- 4-5 Finely Chopped French Beans
- 1 ½ Tsp Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Green Chili Sauce
- 1 Piece of Finely Chopped Ginger
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter
- In a mixing jar add a half bowl of fresh sweet corn into it, add water to it.
- Ground it to a smooth paste. Keep it aside
- Heat a steel vessel and add butter to it.
- Once it melts, add ginger and roast for a minute.
- Add carrots, French beans, and chopped spring onions.
- Cook for 2.5 minutes. (Do not overcook the veggies, keep them a little crunchy)
- Pour in 2 cups of water.
- On full flame, let it come to a boil.
- When it starts to boil add 1 tsp salt.
- Add the sweet corn paste that we prepared.
- Next, add the remaining sweet corn and mix well.
- On medium flame let it cook & boil for 5-7 minutes.
- In a measuring cup filled with water add 1 tsp of corn flour, mix properly and ensure there are no lumps.
- Add the corn flour mixture into the vessel, and stir it simultaneously.
- On full flame cook until it begins to boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the flame and add leaves of green onion.
- Now add black pepper powder, green chili sauce, and vinegar, stir well.
- To give a creamy texture you can add 2 tbsp of fresh cream. (Optional)
- Switch off the flame and serve it in the soup bowls.
This is absolutely an awesomesauce recipe and a must have this winter season. I am sure everybody in your family will love it. Do share your cooking experience in the comments below.