Winters are here, Embrace yourself!
This winter swear by healthy food and no matter how cozy your bed may seem, leave it and go for a good run. We all gain a few kilos in the chilly season because winter brings love, in form of sweets, paranthas and not to miss the New Year celebrations and other festivities.
Here is a recipe for you guys to keep you warm and will make snuggle up in your blanket. How about a hot bowl of sweet corn soup? Double YASS
On a chilly winter’s evening, nothing beats the first wholesome sip of a thick and luscious spoonful of corn soup, made with tempering using butter and lots of veggies.
Rich in nutrients also including antioxidants, they are a must to keep your eye health @ 100%. Consume sweet corn soup guilt-free as it has less sugar compared to an apple. Not to forget that it is gluten-free and has good gut bacteria.
Without further ado let’s get started with the recipe
How to make Sweet Corn
Sweet Corn Soup Recipe
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn Fresh
- 1 Carrot Small Finely Chopped
- 2-3 Spring Onion Finely Chopped
- 4-5 French Beans Finely Chopped
- 1 ½ Tsp Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Green Chili Sauce
- 1 Piece Ginger Finely Chopped
- Salt to Taste
- 1/2 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1½ Tbsp Cornflour
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter
- In a mixing jar add a half bowl of fresh sweet corn into it, add water to it.
- Ground it to a smooth paste. Keep it aside
- Heat a steel vessel and add butter to it.
- Once it melts, add ginger and roast for a minute.
- Add carrots, French beans, and chopped spring onions.
- Cook for 2.5 minutes. (Do not overcook the veggies, keep them a little crunchy)
- Pour in 2 cups of water.
- On full flame, let it come to a boil.
- When it starts to boil add 1 tsp salt.
- Add the sweet corn paste that we prepared.
- Next, add the remaining sweet corn and mix well.
- On medium flame let it cook & boil for 5-7 minutes.
- In a measuring cup filled with water add 1 tsp of corn flour, mix properly and ensure there are no lumps.
- Add the corn flour mixture into the vessel, and stir it simultaneously.
- On full flame cook until it begins to boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the flame and add leaves of green onion.
- Now add black pepper powder, green chili sauce, and vinegar, stir well.
- To give a creamy texture you can add 2 tbsp of fresh cream. (Optional)
- Switch off the flame and serve it in the soup bowls.
This is absolutely an awesomesauce recipe and a must have this winter season. I am sure everybody in your family will love it. Do share your cooking experience in the comments below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.