Summers are for salads, lemonades, and light meals. One cannot go without munching on tasty and crunchy snacks. It is very essential to eat healthy snacks rather than gulping down calories and fat.
Today I have not one but two recipes for sweet corn salads that are refreshing, tangy and full of flavors. Sweet corn is packed with high nutrients which are useful for a human body in so many ways.
It ensures the idyllic functioning of several internal systems such as cell generation and prevents constipation and various other digestive problems. It is a boon for diabetic people. This nutrient-packed starchy snack is low in total fat and has no saturated fat, sodium or cholesterol. It is high in vitamin C and a good source of fiber.
Hungry? Let’s get started!
Cold Salad Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Version 1- Corn Butter Masala Salad
- 1 Boiled Corn Kernels
- 20 gm Butter
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Chat Masala
- Salt to Taste
- In a bowl full of boiled corn kernels add chat masala.
- Pour in lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Now add (soft melted) butter.
- Serve piping hot in a serving bowl.
Version 2- Corn & Veggie Salad
- 1 Boiled Corn Kernels
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Cucumber
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Tomato
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Raw Mango
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt
- 1/4 tsp Chaat Masala
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 Finely Chopped Green Chili (Remove Seeds)
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt To Taste
- In a bowl with boiled corn kernels add finely chopped onions, raw mango, cucumber, tomatoes, and green chilies.
- Now add roasted cumin powder, black salt, pepper powder, red chili powder, dribble lemon juice and finally salt to taste.
- A handful of chopped coriander leaves. Mix well all ingredients and serve.
Take it out in a serving bowl-hot or cold!
Both the salads are finger licking good and I am sure the bowls will be empty in a blink of an eye when served. Do try this recipe and share your experience.
Keep posting comments and feedback.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.