Are you are a vegetarian and still want a double dose of protein?
Want salads with wholesomeness and improve the nutritional value of your meals?
Want to prepare a delicious afternoon snack which fulfills your balanced diet?
The Answer is Chickpeas Salad! This chickpea salad is loaded with veggies such as cucumber, carrots, and onions, tomatoes with yummy green, sumptuous and tangy dressing prepared from coriander and mint leaves.
This combination of veggies, chickpea, and dressing takes this salad to a whole new level. You will fall in love with recipe and will never even touch junk food knowing that healthy food can be this delicious!
It is also known as Bengal gram, garbanzo (garbanzo beans), and Egyptian pea. It is especially high in protein (and is primarily known for this).
Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are king- rich in protein and other nutrients like vitamins B6 and C, folate, manganese, and magnesium. They also comprise of calcium and some amounts of potassium (important for the health of the heart). The protein promotes muscle mass and enhances the health of cells while the magnesium, manganese, and calcium maintain your bone strength. Vitamin C stops illnesses like cancer and improves skin health. Also, iron and folate are excellent during pregnancy.
So hit the kitchen and let’s get started!
Chickpea Salad Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 1 Cup Chickpeas Boiled
- 1 Cucumber Medium size Finely Chopped
- 1 Carrot small size Finely Chopped
- 1 Tomato Big size Finely Chopped
- 1 Onion small size Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Finely Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 Tbsp Chat Masala
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder Roasted
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2-3 Green chili
- 10-12 Mint Leaves
- Salt to taste
- In a small mixing jar add chopped coriander leaves, mint leaves, green chilies, roasted cumin seed powder, chaat masala, lemon juice, oil, salt to taste, close the lid and grind it into a mixture.
- In a mixing bowl add boiled chickpeas, chopped carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, onions and finally the dressing.
- Mix all ingredients well.
- Sprinkle salt or pour lemon juice if the need be.
- You can also garnish it with lemon slices and coriander leaves.
- Serve it in a serving bowl.
Simple yet wholesome Chickpeas Salad is ready to be munched. Do try this recipe in your kitchen, absolutely no cooking required. Let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.