During winters to embrace your stomach with warmth having Spinach Soup is a great idea. Isn’t it comforting to sip from a bowl of steaming hot soup in cold weathers? A definite YASS! It’s not only flavorsome but it’s intriguing bright green color is a treat to the eyes. The Spinach Soup has a zillion health benefits. It not only is good for weight loss but promotes eye health, along with lowering the hypertension and improves brain functioning level. It possesses nutrients that offer anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation throughout your body. I will prepare the soup in two parts- first will be the spinach puree and finally the cream sauce (here we will combine the puree into cream sauce)
How to Make Spinach Soup
Palak Soup Recipe
- 200 gm Spinach Chopped
- 1 onion large diced
- ½ Cup Milk
- 4-5 Garlic Cloves
- 4-5 Cloves Cinnamon Laung & 1 Shard of (Dalchini)
- 1 Tbsp All purpose flour Maida
- 1 Bay leaf
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- Place a pan on flame, once it heats add butter and let it melt.
- Add cloves and cinnamon and roast it for few seconds.
- Now add garlic cloves and chopped onion. Fry it for about 4-5 minutes.
- Add spinach (palak) and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and let it cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Once the mixture cools down remove the cinnamon shard.
- Transfer the solids into a grinder, add water accordingly to get a smooth paste. Set it aside.
- Place a pan on flame and add butter.
- Once the butter melts and all purpose flour (Maida) and stir well continuously on a low medium flame.
- Once it gives off a light fragrance and changes its color add milk and mix well and ensure there are no lumps. On a medium flame let it boil.
- Now add black pepper and salt to taste, stir well to combine them.
- Now add the spinach puree into the pan. If soup comes out thick add water and on medium flame stir well. Cook for about 1-2 minutes. And it’s ready.
- Serve in a soup bowl and enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed watching the video. Do try this Creamy Spinach Soup delight in your kitchen. Drop your comments and would love to hear your feedback.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.