In the fast-paced life, we do take care of our work, home, and other agendas. But we do forget to look at ourselves- what we eat and drink. It does get boring when you have limited healthy food options and daily consuming it further may make you desperate and ditch the diet for yummy guilt. Don’t worry, with just few and easy ingredients I have just the right recipe for you which is crunchy, spicy and yes healthy too and no OIL!!!
I present you my own favorite Green Chickpea Salad. The Green Chickpea has a more flavorful taste than regular beans. High in fiber and the best part is that they are naturally low in fat, cholesterol and sodium promoting a healthy heart. Green Chickpea salad is a must try.
Let’s look at the ingredients and the the recipe.
Green Chickpea Salad Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Green Chickpea Salad Recipe
- 1 Cup Green Chickpeas Boiled
- 1 Tomato Finely chopped Small
- 1 Onion Finely chopped Small
- 1 Cucumber Finely chopped Small
- 1 Pomegranate small
- 6 Water chestnuts Singhara - Finely chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Chat masala
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin powder Roasted
- Black Salt to Taste
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Finely chopped
- Firstly take a mixing bowl or salad bowl and add boiled green chick peas. (When you are about to boil the green chickpeas, remember to add salt to it to help maintain it’s color)
- Now add water chestnuts (they are excellent coolant for the body-promotes salivation & quenches thirst). Add chopped cucumber, onion and tomato. Include the pomegranate seeds.
- To add a spicy savor add roasted cumin powder, chat masala and black salt to taste. Also you can add chopped green chili if you like it spicier.
- Grab a spoon and do not waste a moment!
I hope you enjoyed as much as I did while making this recipe. Do share your views and comment below. Let me know any interesting ingredient to make the salad taste more amazing!
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.