It is always fun to experiment with different styles in rice. So, today we will cook tasty and flavoured rice with roasted peanut/groundnut and other spices. If you are having a busy morning and don’t have much time on hand to prepare lunch, this recipe can come to your rescue. It is an ideal lunch box recipe for both kids and adults. This recipe is prepared by tossing spicy crushed peanut powder with cooked rice. You can cook this recipe with leftover rice. You can also prepare the peanut mixture a day or two prior and store it in the fridge.
Let’s quickly get to the making!
How to make Peanut Rice
Peanut Rice Recipe
- 2 Cup Rice Cooked
- 1/3 cup Peanuts
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Desiccated
- 2-3 Dry Red chilli
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chana dal
- 1 Tbsp Urad dal
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp Tsp Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Asafoetida
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat the pan on high flame. Add one Tsp. oil and reduce the flame to medium.
- Add urad dal, chana dal, sesame seeds and peanuts (keep 1 tbsp). Sauté them well for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle desiccated coconut and dry red chillies. Mix them on low medium flame while mixing the same for a great flavour.
- Cool the mixture and crush the same into a fine powder.
- Heat the pan and add the remaining oil. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, asafoetida and remaining peanuts. Sauté it well while mixing.
- Add curry leaves and above-prepared mixture. Mix it well.
- Add cooked rice and mix it well. Add salt to taste. Sprinkle 1 tbsp water if required and mix it.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Cook it for 2-3 minutes. Mix it well and serve. You can also add some lemon juice to taste.
Easy to cook peanut rice is a common recipe from the south and it can be cooked instantly. It is a perfect dish for your tiffin and can go well with a filter coffee.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.