Today’s recipe is none other than tangy, spicy and mouth watering Tomato Rice. The best part is it can be prepared from leftover rice. What more could you ask for? Awesomesauce tempering prepared from flavorful spices and tomato puree. It is a treat to your palate and everyone is going to fall in love with this tomato rice recipe.
South Indian Cuisine is among the top favorite meal preferences in India. It is the staple meal of a lot of states in South India, but South Indian food is popularly consumed across the nation.
The other aspect of South Indian food is that they have therapeutic properties. South Indian food has rice and coconut as its chief ingredient. The dishes are extremely delicious and healthy as their preparation needs less oil.
- High in protein
- Rich in fibers
- Easy digestive
- Weight loss benefits
Another South Indian rice recipe you should try is Curd Rice.
Let’s get started with recipe.
How to make Tomato Rice
Tomato Rice Recipe
- 1 Cup Rice Cooked
- 3 Tomato Puree Small Size
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Clove
- 1/2 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chili powder
- 1/4 Asafoetida
- Salt to taste
- Once the seeds splutter add cumin seeds.
- Next add clove and cinnamon sticks, asafetida, ginger garlic paste and roast for half a minute.
- Add tomato puree and salt to taste, cook it on medium flame till the oil separates form the tomato mixture.
- Add red chili powder, cooked rice and mix all ingredients well.
- You can also add chopped coriander leaves if you want to.
- The instant tomato rice is ready to be served.
I am sure your mouth is watering as even the color is enough to tease your palate. Now it is your turn to make this delectable south Indian tomato rice. Let me know in the comments below your experience with the recipe.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.