Fried rice is one common street food with many variants when combined with different ingredients along the length and breadth of Asia. Isn’t desi Chinese our all-time favorite comfort food?
Sweet corn as the main ingredient adds a unique sweet flavor along with tangy and spicy flavors Chinese sauces. This blend of spices and veggies, it is one healthy option for your child’s lunch box and dinner. The best part of this recipe is that it is a wholesome meal on its own and can be a side dish to a larger meal.
Sweet Corn Fried Rice Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Sweet Corn Fried Rice Recipe
- 2 Cup Rice 90% Cooked
- 1 Capsicum Small Finely chopped
- 1/3 cup Sweet Corn Boiled
- 1 Carrot Small Finely chopped
- 3-4 Spring onion Finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger julienne
- 3-4 garlic Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 Tsp Black pepper powder
- 1 Tbsp Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Red chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- Salt to taste
- Heat a thick bottomed pan and pour oil.
- Once the oil is hot add chopped ginger and garlic. Sauté for half a minute.
- Now add chopped capsicum, carrot, and only the white part of green onion and stirring
- occasionally cook for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add sweet corn kernels, sprinkle salt, vinegar, soy sauce, red chili sauce, black pepper powder, and blend all sauces and veggies well.
- Empty the cooked rice bowl in the pan, sprinkle salt to taste and mix all ingredients well.
- Cook for a minute and sprinkle chopped green onion.
- After cooking for another minute, switch off the flame.
- The mouthwatering Chinese style sweet corn fried rice is ready.
Serve them steaming hot, and I am sure you will drive your guest bonkers. It is flavor-packed and is a party on your palate. You won’t miss Chinese fried rice ever. Do let me know your experience with the dish in the comment section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.