Chili Paneer is one of the most delectable Indo-Chinese dishes. Golden cottage cheese cubes laced in sauce and gravy along with tons of vegetables and spices, a look at it makes you drool.
All you need is green vegetables, i.e., capsicum, spring onions, etc, sauces, and some fresh paneer. Due to lockdown, you can’t eat outside food because it is not advisable yet and it will go on for a few months now. But that doesn’t mean you have to miss the mouth-watering restaurant food because you can cook the same right in the comfort of your kitchen.
Also, skip the boring food like dal, buckwheat, cabbage, turnips, etc.and do a candlelight dinner with your partner. Chilli paneer recipe also tries in kitty parties, birthday, and other functions.
Cheese also helps to maintain our body healthy. Here are some health benefits:
1. Paneer is rich in protein and strengthens the teeth and bones.
2. It helps in digestion and excretion.
3. It also contains, folate, B complex vitamins that are very essential for pregnant women.
4. Raw cheese helps to lose weight and also keep the heart-healthy, especially for patients suffering from a heart condition.
5. Want healthy & glowing skin? Well, paneer is packed with selenium, vitamin E, and antioxidants that help fight free radicals
(Source – https://food.ndtv.com/food-drinks/7-health-benefits-of-cottage-cheese-or-paneer-you-may-not-have-known-1813505)
Paneer Chili Combinations
Paneer Chili on its own can be quite fulfilling, but Fried Rice or for that matter plain rice and Noodles would be a great combination.
In terms of preparation, you can go bonkers and add as many veggies as you like such as beans, broccoli, corn kernels, and anything that you like. If you do not have corn flour, you can instead add the rice flour in the chili paneer, it will do the perfect job.
Try these other Indi-Chinese recipes like Sweet Corn Fried Rice, Veg. Spring Roll and Crispy Chinese Pakoda.
Restaurant Style Chili Paneer Recipe
- 250 gm Cottage cheese chopped in cube shape
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1 Medium size Onion chopped in cube shape
- 1 Medium size Capsicum chopped in cube shape
- 2-3 Spring Onion
- 1/2 Tbsp Red chili powder soaked in 1/2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp Chili sauce
- 1 inch ginger Finely chopped
- 5-6 Finely garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Green chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Chili flakes
- 2 Green chili
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour
- Salt to Taste
- In a large mixing bowl, add maida and cornflour, ½ tbsp black pepper powder, salt to taste, and mix the dry ingredients together.
- Then add the cubes of paneer and toss the bowl to coat the paneer from all sides.
- Next, we shift the coated paneer into another bowl.
- Take another bowl with water. With the help of a fork dip the paneer in the water and drop it in the same bowl of flour, ensure it coats well.
- Time to fry the paneer. On medium flame once the pan is hot add oil.
- As the oil heats up gently add the coated paneer in the oil for deep frying.
- When the paneer turns light golden, take it on a kitchen towel-lined plate.
- Take another pan and add 2 tbsp oil.
- Once the oil is hot add the chopped ginger, garlic, and then mix, now add spring onion, chopped onion, capsicum, and green chili.
- Cook vegetables for 1 to ½ minutes on medium flame and add salt to taste.
- In the cornflour add two spoons of water.
- When vegetables are cooked on the medium flame add the chili flakes, black pepper powder, red chili sauce, Red chili powder soaked in water, green chili sauce, soya sauce, tomato ketchup, sugar, and lemon juice and now bring together all ingredients by mixing well for ½ minutes.
- Next, pour in cornflour paste then mix all the ingredients and cook on full flame.
- Although, the gravy is ready but at this stage you can add ¼ cup water to thin the gravy. You can add the water according to your liking and mix it well.
- Once the gravy is simmering add the fried cheese and mix them together.
- Next, cook it for a minute or two so that the cheese absorbs the gravy flavors.
- After 2 minutes sprinkle the chopped spring onion and give it a stir
- The chili paneer is ready to eat.
Doesn’t the chili paneer look mouthwatering and the aroma is fantastic too. I am sure it’s going to pull in all your family members, ready with forks to bite in. Don’t waste a second more, rush to your kitchen and make this chili paneer using my easy recipe and enjoy your day.
Do let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.