Mumbai is loaded with delectable street food and one can’t get enough of it. We all have savored Mumbai tawa Pulao and wondered about the recipe. Mumbai style tawa Pulao is one pot meal comfort food which can be prepared with surprisingly minimal efforts. The dish is loaded with the vegetable like capsicum, onion, green peas, carrots, French beans, corn, potatoes, and tomatoes and list can be as long as you want it to be.
Not all comfort food is bad for your health and this recipe is the proof. Want to know the best part of the recipe-well apart from the goodness of vegetables you get to revel in the zest of Pav Bhaji flavors
Pack it for lunch for your kiddo or have it as an ideal breakfast or at dinner it will be a perfect side dish!
Veg Tawa Pulao Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
Veg Tawa Pulao
- 1/2 cup Basmati Rice (washed and soaked in water for 15 mins)
- 1 Capsicum finely chopped
- 1 Potato large finely chopped
- 1 Onion medium sized finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Carrot finely chopped
- 1/4 cup french beans finely chopped
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/4 cup tomato finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Corn
- 1 tsp Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Pav bhaji masala
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- Salt to taste to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker and once the oil is hot add cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin seeds are roasted add a pinch of asafetida and stir.
- On a low flame, now add potatoes in the cooker. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix.
- Now add chopped French beans, peas and carrots. To this mixture again add half tbsp garlic paste, half tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala and salt to taste and mix well all ingredients.
- Add corn and half cup of basmati rice. To this proportion of rice add 3 half-cups of water.
- Now on full flame, stir well all the ingredients and let it come to a boil.
- Close the lid of the cooker and on full flame let it whistle for 5 times.
- Meanwhile, in a pan heat oil and add onions and garlic paste and mix.
- Add capsicum and salt to taste and let it cook.
- After the 5 whistles, open the lid of cooker carefully.
- Add half tbsp Pav Bhaji masala and tomatoes in the onion and capsicum mixture.
- Cook this mixture for a minute and then empty the cooker into the pan. And mix well.
- The Pulao is ready to be served.
It is an ideal lunch box recipe for your kids and an ideal meal recipe for adults. You will love the flavor and crunchy vegetable. Nothing can beat this Mumbai Style Veg Tawa Pulao.
I am sure you will definitely try this recipe in your kitchen. Keep showering love by posting comments and feedback below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.