The simple Khichdi is an essential evening meal of a number of Gujaratis. Its quality of being readily digestible, Khichdi has ruled the kitchen due to its ease of making and the flexibility of mixing and harmonizing ingredients.
But over the past few years, there has been an explosion of choices when it comes to Khichdi. And one unique blend that I have for you is Maggi flavored Soupy Khichdi. I am sure this Khichdi will excite the kids and grownups alike. It is yummy has a consistency of a soup and with the goodness of veggies it is finger licking good!
Here is an ultimate comfort food recipe that you will LOVE!
Maggi Soupy Khichdi Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1/2 Cup Rice and 1/4 Cup split pigeon peas (Washed and soaked for 10-15 Minutes)
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped French Beans
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Capsicum
- 1/4 Cup Peas
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Potato
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Carrot
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Corn
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- 2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 1/2 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Asafetida
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to Taste
- 1 or 2 Pack of Maggi Masala Magic
- Heat a pressure cooker and add oil to it.
- Once the oil heats add asafetida, lower the flame and add onions. Mix well
- Add ginger garlic paste.
- Now add chopped veggies like-capsicum, French beans, carrots, potatoes and sprinkle salt to taste. On a low flame sauté the vegetables for a minute.
- Now add corns, peas, turmeric powder, red chili powder and finally soaked and rice and lentil mixture. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add salt to taste and add 3 cups of water, stir well, on full flame let it come to a boil.
- Add Maggi Masala sachets, chopped coriander, and stir.
- Close the pressure cooker with a lid.
- Cook until 5-6 whistles.
- After 5 whistles let the heat subside and let the cooker cool down.
- Remove the lid and add 1 cup of water.
- Now stir slowly and steadily. Bring it to a boil for half or a minute.
Your Soupy Maggi Masala is ready to be munched on. It tastes great and you should definitely give it a try in your kitchen. Let me know in the comment section below of your experience with the recipe and how you liked it.