Many of you including my husband aren’t a big fan of bitter gourd. Simply because of its bitter taste that is very difficult to get rid of. However, Karela is an extremely rich source of vitamin C, which helps boost immunity. It also has powerful antiviral property, which stimulates the immune system and also aids in digestion.
The recipe I have today will be able to surprise you because it tastes delicious. Of course, the main ingredient is bitter gourd itself and another star ingredient is the raw banana. This combo is so tasty that you will cook over and over again.
It’s one of my favorite recipes with and it’s a treat to your palate. You will have to try the dish to realize how good it is. Once you do you will never hesitate to make this bitter gourd and raw banana recipe.
Let’s get started with cooking Karele aur Kache Kele ki sabzi.
Karele aur Kache Kele Ki Sabzi Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 2 medium size Karele (2 piece bitter gourd) – Scraped, Washed and Sliced
- 1 medium size Raw Banana – Peeled, Washed and Sliced
- 1 pinch Asafetida
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tblsp Red Chili powder
- 2 tblsp sugar
- 2 tblsp coarsely grind peanuts
- 3 tblsp Cooking Oil
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl add sliced bitter gourd and add salt to it, mix well and set it aside for 10 minutes.
This will soften the taste.
- After 10 minutes, in a pan heat oil and add asafetida and turmeric powder. Immediately add sliced bitter gourd.
- Now add raw sliced banana and mix all ingredients well.
- Cover the pan with a steel plate and pour water into it. Cook on low flame.
- Stir occasionally as shown in the video.
- Once the veggies are cooked, add red chili powder, sugar, and coarsely ground peanuts. Give a nice stir.
- Now again cover it with the same plate and cook for a minute.
- If there is any need for more salt, you can sprinkle accordingly and then mix well.
- The dish is ready and then transfer the content in a serving bowl.
Lastly, garnish with some crushed peanuts and serve along with chapati or paranthas. A lip-smacking dish is ready. Do try this dish in your kitchen.
Don’t forget to post comments and feedback!