Anything that has potatoes is sure to make your mouth water no matter what the dish is. The specialty about an Indian kitchen is the diversity. There are mind-boggling varieties alone for the types of sabji that can be cooked only with potatoes and with combinations a whole lot of books can be dedicated.
Aloo Matar ki sabji is an alluring North Indian recipe, made up of potatoes and peas, cooked with aromatic Indian spice with tempering and sautéing of dry spices. You can pair it with Puri, chapati, parantha, and even bread.
If you are new to cooking try making this easy, instant authentic sabji and surprise your folks.
One other sabji that will your taste buds will love is Onion Potato Sabji, do give it a try
Now let’s get started with the steps!
Aloo Matar Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 4 Medium size Potatoes – Finely chopped and Boiled with 1/2 tbsp Salt till 1 Whistle
- 1/2 Cup Peas – Boiled with 1/2 tbsp Salt for 1 Whistle
- 2 Medium size Finely Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Chaat Masala
- 1/2 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 3 Long & a Small piece of Cinnamon Roasted and Crushed
- 2-3 Sliced Green Chili
- 1 Dry Red Chili
- Salt to taste
- Heat a kadhai and add oil to it.
- Once the oil is hot add a dry red chili.
- Next, add cumin seed and wait for it to splutter.
- Add asafetida, green chilies, and 2 tsp of potatoes, sauté for 15-20 seconds.
- Add clove and cinnamon powder, garam masala, red chili; on low medium flame mix all ingredients.
- Next, add peas and rest of the chopped potatoes.
- Sprinkle salt to taste.
- On low flame cover the lid with a plate and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Give it a good stir, cover again cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add tomatoes, sprinkle salt accordingly.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 2 more minutes, till tomatoes turn soft.
- After two minutes you will observe that the oil has begun to separate from the veggies.
- Add the same water which was used for boiling the potatoes, and on full flame cook it well.
- Once it starts boiling you will notice oil at the surface, which means it is cooked and your wait has ended.
I am sure you will be absolutely famished at the end of the recipe. This tastes so good, you have to make to believe it and I am sure you will definitely try it in your kitchen. Do tell me your experience in the comments below!