Methi na Mutiya is a perfect snack for team time. Made using fenugreek leaves this sweet, spicy and savoury dish will leave you craving for more.
This crispy and crumbly dish can also be a low calorie snack that is light on your stomach. If you are a deep fried snack lover, there is a version that you can opt for.
Gujarati Methi Muthiya and Text Recipe Below
Gujarati Methi Muthiya Recipe
- 2 Cup Wheat flour Coarse
- 250 gms fenugreek leaves fine chopped
- ¾ Cup coriander leaves finely chopped
- ¾ Cup Green Garlic Finely chopped
- 6 Tbsp cooking oil
- 7-8 Green Chilli Crushed
- ¼ Cup chickpea flour
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1&½ Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1&½ Lemon Juice Tbsp
- 1&½ Tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 Pinch Eno
- ¼ Tsp Asafoetida
- ½ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp carrom seeds
- Sales to Taste
- Take a Bowl in which you have to take chopped leaves of fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves, Green garlic, Green chili, Salt according to taste, turmeric powder, red chili, Asafoetida, Sesame seeds, crushed carom seeds, Paste of ginger and garlic, and Sugar and now ground them all to make soft.
- After grounding them dry wheat flour and also ground it properly to make it more crispy.
- After making the perfect mixture some oil and mix oil too.
- Now take the coarse wheat flour which you have taken in recipe and take it in 1 or ½ cup in that bowl.
- Add chickpea flour in the bowl and mix it properly as well as with light hands.
- Add the remaining flour to it and mix it well also add the Eno or baking soda.
- Pour the lemon juice and ⅓ cup water, also mix it with your hands but make sure you don’t add . more water and also do not make more press the wheat flour.
- Cover that bowl and wait for 5 minutes.
- Make the shape you want (preferred is slim and oval).
- Take a different pan and pour the oil in it
- Wait for the oil to get it hot, don’t make it too hot.
- If you want to check you can add a little piece or one piece.
- If that one piece is fried properly then pour all the pieces which you have made.
- If you want to fry 3-4 at a time, it’s totally up to you.
- The preferred shape will take less time other shapes might take higher time as compared to the preferred shape.
- We have to fry it properly and also wait till the color changes to the light-golden.
- If they are fried properly, serve it on the serving plate.
The helpful tip for you is to eat this with some sauce or a sweet pickle.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.