Makai ki Khees also known as Bhutte ka kees or Bhutte ka kiss is a popular street food from Indore. As the corn season is at its peak, it will be lovely to try something off beat with it. I cannot stress enough the importance of corn in the diet for your healthy vision and gut. Also, with this recipe up your sleeves everyone in your family will love this street style dish. It is also extremely easy and fuss free to make with all the ingredients in your kitchen right now!
So let’s have a look at this easy peasy recipe!
Makai ki Khees Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 3 Sweet corn kernels
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 4-5 Crushed green chili
- 2 tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Garam masala
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- 2 tbsp Roasted and crushed peanuts
- Few Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, after the splattering, add asafetida, sesame seeds, chopped green chilies, ginger paste, and curry leaves. Roast for about 15-20 seconds.
- Next, add turmeric powder and grated sweet corn kernels and on medium flame cook stirring continuously for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle some water, add salt to taste cook for another two minutes and then add crushed peanuts. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Once the oil begins to separate add milk and mix swiftly.
- On a low flame, covert pan with a lid and let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove lid, and add garam masala, squeeze in some lemon juice, chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Switch off the flame cover with lid again and let it for 2 minutes.
- The Sweet Corn Snack is ready to be served.
Best to be enjoyed when relaxing! Relish your way into the weekend and chill. Let me know your feedback on this light yummy golden snack dish! Do give it a try!
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.