Red sauce pasta, or also referred to as Arrabbiata, is cooked using oil of your choice, tomatoes, garlic and red chili peppers. All these ingredients endow pasta with a spicy flavor. The tomatoes are a rich source of vitamin C and lycopene which is useful in fighting against free radicals, boosts the immune system. Being an antioxidant, vitamin C helps in fighting against various diseases.
Arrabbiata Pasta is a healthier option. It has lesser calorie and fat content. Another way to make your red sauce pasta more nutritious and healthier is by using whole wheat pasta as this can further bring down the number of calories you consume.
It simply tastes great, keeps full and happy. Wear apron and chef’s hat and go get some pasta boiling. Let’s get started.
Indian Style Pasta Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Indian Style Red Sauce Pasta Recipe
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Pasta
- 4 Tomatoes Big Finely Chopped
- 2 Big Finely chopped Onion
- 1 Yellow & Green Bell Peppers Finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Sweet Corn Boiled
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Finely Chopped
- 5 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 3 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 Green Chili Finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 Tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp Red chili Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Salt to Taste
- Heat water in a steel vessel; add salt, one tablespoon oil and pasta to it.
- On a medium heat let it boil for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the pasta is boiled, strain the water and transfer it into a plate, so it easily cools down and will not be sticky.
- Next step is to heat a pan and pour oil into it. Add chopped green chilies, ginger and garlic paste and mix well. Cook for half a minute.
- Add onion and roast it for 2 minutes, later add chopped bell peppers, and tomato and mix well all the veggies.
- Sprinkle salt so to help tomatoes cook speedily.
- Now lower the flame and cover the pan with the lid for two minutes.
- Uncover the lid and mix all the ingredients and simultaneously mashing the tomatoes.
- Let the veggies cook on medium-high flame so that the excess water from the tomatoes evaporates.
- Now make for the spices- add red chili powder, garam masala, black pepper, chili flakes and oregano and mix all the ingredients well.
- Now add boiled corns and tomato ketchup and stir.
- Add pasta to it and give a good mixing, then add butter and sprinkle chopped coriander.
This mouthwatering heaven of a pasta dish is ready. Do not give this recipe a miss. Your family, friends and especially the kids with will go bonkers. This pasta recipe has a right amount of tanginess that is a treat to your taste buds. Do let me know your thoughts and feedback on this dish in the comment section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.