Today’s dish is what every Mumbaikar loves binge eating- Frankie. Also, it is the ultimate on-the-go snack for most of Maharashtra, and yes I have given it a little twist that of course, you guys will love. My dish is called -Net Frankie because of beautiful shape of a net which has an amazing aloo patty and superbly sautéed veggies inside.
Net Frankie is what your children will absolutely love, they will be inquisitive about the shape and you guys can even try out the dish together. Kids love dishes that are quirky looking. But I have also taken care of the Frankie being healthy so you and child can enjoy guilt-free. Just the way it looks is enough to make you drool over!
Without further ado let’s get started!
Net Frankie Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
Ingredients for Batter :
- 1 Cup Maida (All purpose flour)
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Pinch Black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup water (Use as Required)
Ingredients for stuffing :
- 1/2 bowl cabbage
- 1 finely sliced Onion
- 1 finely sliced Capsicum
- 2 Boiled Potato
- 1/2 cup Bread crumbs
- Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Mash the boiled potatoes in a bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add Garam masala and simultaneously add the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- To the mashed potato mixture add black pepper powder, oregano, chili flakes, chopped coriander and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Cook for a minute and turn off the flame.
- Take out the mixture into a bowl and once it cools down, add bread crumbs and mix it well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Now add capsicum, onion, cabbage, and salt to taste.
- Sauté veggies for a minute and then sprinkle oregano, chili flakes, and then pour chili sauce and soy sauce.
- In a mixing bowl add all purpose flour then salt, baking powder, black pepper powder and mix all these dry ingredients well.
- Add milk to the bowl with dry ingredients and water accordingly and whisk to form a smooth flowing batter.
- To ready the patties, take a handful of potato mixture and press it gently in your palm and shape it like an oval.
- Transfer the flowing batter in a bottle with a cap (dig a hole into a cap).
- Place a griddle on flame and grease with oil.
- Squeeze the bottle on to griddle doodle the shape of a net shown in the video, once it gets golden brown flip the side. Once the Frankie is golden in color from both sides. Place the potato patty in the center of net Frankie and place sautéed veggies on the top it.
- Fold both the side onto the filling and take it out on the serving plate.
- Repeat the process for to make more Frankie’s.
This dish not only tastes but looks spectacular. Serve it with green chutney and ketchup. I hope you will try it in your kitchen. Drop in feedback and comment for any query.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.