If due to any reason you cannot consume an egg or an egg dish and have envied anyone who ever had the famous French toast, I have got you the recipe to level up to it. I call it Vegetarian French Toast- has the same eye appeal and the taste… even BETTER! It is an appetizing version. There are a lot of renditions that varies due to the countries a dish travels.
Vegetarian French toast is an ideal snack when there is any kind of small occasion or a get-together. Not only it looks appealing but is as delightful as its original version. This toast is made with very homey ingredients such as gram flour, spices, and veggies. It is crispy and moist insides and packs a whole lot of flavors. Experience this delight in your own kitchen by following my recipe.
Let’s get started!
Vegetarian French Toast Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Gram Flour
- 1 Small Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Spring Onion
- 1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Coriander
- Cooking Oil to roast the toast
- 1/4 Cup Rice Flour
- 1/2 Tbsp Chat Masala
- 1/2 Tsp Carom Seeds
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Thin Sliced Green Chili
- 1/4 Tsp Asafetida
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt to Taste
- In a mixing bowl add gram flour, rice flour, hing, turmeric powder, chaat masala, red chili powder, carom seeds, green chilies chopped, ginger garlic paste and lastly salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add water accordingly and prepare a semi thick batter.
- Now add chopped spring onion, onion, and coriander. Mix well. You can add capsicum and tomato as well but remember to chop them finely.
- Let’s come to the white bread now, cut them into triangles.
- Heat a flat pan and grease it with oil.
- Toss the bread triangle slices into the batter and coat them evenly with your hand or a spoon.
- Now place the coated slices onto the pan. Let it get cooked on a low flame from both the sides.
- Once it is cooked well from both the sides and has nice brown spots, take it out on a plate.
Now you can either make these beautiful triangle pieces or use the bread piece as a whole.
An extremely delectable vegetarian version of French toast is ready. Again a very handy snack when it comes to a party, tea-time or simply during watching your favorite sports.
A must try and so share your cooking experience with this recipe. Let me know in the comments below. Your valuable feedback is always welcomed.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.