Palak Vada or Spinach fritter is a salubrious and nutritious Indian bite made with the base mixture of crushed corn and mashed potatoes tossed with spices and then the spinach and coriander mixed together and deep fried to make pakodas. Fritters are usually cooked throughout the year but rainy and winter season multiplies their taste.
Palak Vada is a delicious delight that can be served as an appetizer or a snack that tastes great anytime. Spinach Fritter is one of most delicious and easy to make snacks.
Palak Vada Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 250gm Finely Chopped Spinach
- 2 Medium size Boiled and Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Roasted Gram Flour
- 1 Cup coarsely crushed corn
- 1 Tbsp Oil + more for deep Fry
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 Tbsp Chat Masala
- 1/2 Tbsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- 2-3 Crushed Green Chili
- Salt to Taste
- Heat a pan and pour in 1 tbsp oil in it.
- Once the oil is hot add asafetida, ginger garlic paste and on low flame sauté it for a minute.
- Add crushed corn and stir continuously to avoid it sticking to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn the flame off.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, chopped green chilies, chaat masala, and salt to taste.
- Next, add roasted gram flour, mix well with the pan mixture.
- Now add chopped spinach, finely chopped coriander leaves and a pinch of salt. Mix all ingredients well.
- Transfer the mixture from the pan to a mixing bowl and add mashed potatoes. Blend well.
- Now we will ready the vadas, grease your palm with oil. Take a handful of the mixture, roll it into your palms.
- Using your finger, dig a hole, and make it look like a donut.
- Now you can toss the donut-shaped Palak vada into the sesame seeds bowl and press it gently.
- Similarly, prepare more vadas.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Once it is of right temperature, gently slide in the vada into the oil.
- In medium hot oil let it cook well from inside out.
- Fry until golden brown from both the sides.
- Take them out in a kitchen towel lined plate.
Serve piping hot donut shaped Palak vadas with chai and homemade green chutney or ketchup. Gather around all your folks and much on it together. I am sure everyone will go bonkers over the dish. Do share your experience with the dish by commenting below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.