Oats are a whole-grain food and are known scientifically as Avena sativa.
Oat groats are the most whole form of oats and take a long time to cook compared to (most people prefer) rolled, crushed or steel-cut oats.
Benefits of eating oats and including in your diet on a daily basis can do wonders to your health and help you lose kilos!
- They are a great source of carbs and fiber, including the powerful fiber beta-glucan.
- They are rich in Antioxidants, Including Avenanthramides (the unique group of antioxidants).
- They can lower Cholesterol levels and protect LDL Cholesterol from damage.
The benefits are infinite and the recipe I have for you is Oats Chivda.
Ditch all fried snacks and eats this healthy snack whenever you want to have.
Store in airtight container and your in-between snacks are sorted.
Another twist to traditional Chivda is Khakhra Chivda do try it as well!
Oats Chivda Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Oats Chivda Recipe
- 1 Cup Oats
- 1 tbsp Peanuts
- 1 tbsp Cashew
- 1 tbsp Almonds
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp Dry Mango Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black salt
- 1 tbsp Sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tbsp Flax seeds
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- 1 Green chili Sliced
- 1/2 tbsp Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan and add oats to it to roast it.
- On medium flame stirring continuously roast for about 2 minutes or until it has a crispy texture. Switch off the gas and transfer the oats onto a plate.
- Clean the same pan with a cloth and place it on flame again and now add oil to it.
- Once the oil is hot, add chopped green chilies, curry leaves and on medium flame roast it till crispy.
- Add sesame seeds, flax seed, sunflower seeds and roast for 2 minutes.
- Next add almonds, cashew nut, and peanuts cook until they turn brown in color.
- Now add roasted oats, dry mango powder, black salt, chaat masala, red chili powder, salt to taste and mix all ingredients well.
- Roast for another minute and turn the flame off the flame.
The healthiest bowl of Oats Chivda is ready. Get all your health-conscious folks and munch on this bowl of wholesome goodness.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.