Farsi Puri was a quintessential snack during festivities. The word Farsi means “crispy” in Gujarati. The Puri itself has a melt in the mouth texture and is super crumbly. The recipe I have today is for Stuffed Farsi Puri. The stuffing is prepared from rich and aromatic spices that intensify the overall flavor.
Stuffed Farsi Puri is must try the recipe for this Diwali or in that case any occasion. The stuffing is made simply of dry spices that are easily available in your kitchen. Accompany Stuffed Farsi Puri with your favorite cup of brew and enjoy!
Stuffed Farsi Puri Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
Ingredients to make Dough
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp Finely chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
Ingredients to make Stuffing
- 1/4 Tsp Clove and cinnamon powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Powdered sugar
- 2 Tsp Coriander and cumin powder
- 1 Tsp Saunf Powdered
- 1/2 Tbsp Crushed sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Desiccated coconut
- 1 Tbsp Crushed peanuts
- 3 Tbsp Gram flour(Roasted till it become fragrant)
- 2 Tbsp Cooking oil
- In a mixing bowl add all purpose flour, salt to taste, finely chopped coriander & 2 Tbsp cooking oil and mix these ingredients well
- Now add water accordingly to prepare soft dough. Once done set it aside.
Stuffing Prep –
- Take a bowl add roasted gram flour, clove and cinnamon powder, Saunf powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander and cumin powder, crushed peanuts, crushed sesame seeds, desiccated coconut, sugar, salt to taste and finally 2 tbsp cooking oil. Stir the ingredients well and now your stuffing is ready.
- Heat oil in the deep bottomed pan.
Prep for Stuffed Puri –
- Quickly knead the dough.
- Divide the dough prepared earlier into small balls.
- Roll them flat into a small circle & make them cup-shaped, and fill in a small amount of the filling into it.
- Make it into a ball, ensure that you have sealed it from all sides and remove the excess dough from the top. Flatten it out again with help of rolling pin. Repeat for remaining dough.
- Deep fry the stuffed Puri one or two to three at a time. Fry them till they turn golden brown from both sides. Repeat for the rest stuffed Farsi Puri.
- Take out the fried Puri on kitchen towel lined plate.
The delicious Stuffed Farsi Puri is ready! I am sure you will definitely try it in your kitchen. Drop in your comments for any query.