Breakfast kick-starts your metabolism, helping you torch calories throughout the day. It also gives you the stamina you need to get things done and helps you focus at work or at school. Skipping the morning spread can throw off your body’s swing of fasting and eating. When you wake up, the blood sugar your body requires to make your muscles and brain work their best is usually low. Breakfast helps recharge it.
Now if the importance of the breakfast has made you famished, then here is my recipe for Bread Chilla. It is fluffy, and the bite simply melts in your mouth. It looks like a pancake but is a spicy edition. It is easy to cook and is ready in a jiff, which makes it an ideal breakfast because everybody in the house in a hurry. The best part is you can add as many veggies as you want and make it healthier.
Let’s get started.
Bread Chilla Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 6 Bread Slices (Brown or White, as per your choice)
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Curd
- 1 Small size Grated Capsicum
- 1 Medium Size Grated Carrot
- 1 Medium Size Finely Chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp Rice Flour
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 Finely Chopped Green chili
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- Salt to Taste
- In a mixing jar, add bread pieces as shown in the video.
- Grind it for a minute or two and transfer the content to a bowl.
- Now to this bowl add all-purpose flour, rice flour, grated carrot, capsicum, onion, chili flakes, chopped green chilies, and finely chopped coriander leaves, salt to taste, curd, and now mix well all the ingredients. Later add tomato ketchup.
- Add water accordingly and keep mixing it with the spoon nicely. The consistency of the batter should be similar to that of Uttapam.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick-griddle and grease it with oil.
- Put 1 and a half spoonful of batter on to the tava. Tap it to spread it wide on tava, the size can be to your liking.
- Let the one side cook on a low-medium heat, you will observe the color change and see that the one side has cooked.
- Sprinkle oil and flip it over gently.
- Press it gently to cook evenly.
- Let it cook for a few seconds.
- Transfer it on a plate and serve.
Grate cheese; slide a scoop of tomato ketchup and or homemade green chutney. Eat as many as you want and serve these desi pancakes to your brunch or when the hunger strikes. Let me know how you liked my recipe and do make it in your kitchen.