Wondering what new to serve in the next kitty party or in family get together? Do not worry I am at your service with a new, mouth watering and instantaneous dish. Presenting Crispy Potato Fingers- A perfect crunchy snack that has melt in the mouth texture. Serve them with homemade green chutney and let your guest go gaga over your cooking skills. The use of semolina is what gives this snack excellent crisp and coriander gives a whiff of freshness.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Cooking doesn’t have to be hard. Sign up to receive delicious recipes!
I think I have got you hungry, let’s not waste a minute and take a look at the ingredients and then the method.
Crispy Potato Fingers Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 4 Medium Sized Boiled Potatoes
- 1/2 Cup Semolina (Suji)
- 1/2 Cup Finely chopped Coriander
- 5-6 crushed green chili
- 1 Tbsp Chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- Place a pan on flame and add half a cup water in to it. (This is in proportion to half cup semolina)
- Add one tsp oil to the pan and salt to taste and let it boil.
- Once the water is boiled add semolina and stir continuously. Turn off the flame and cover the pan wit a lid.
- Take a bowl and grate the boiled potatoes. Make sure there are no lumps.
- Now with a help of spatula mix the semolina finely. Add it to the grated noiled potatoe.
- Now add chopped coriander, crushed green chilies and chaat masala and salt to taste.
- Mix well to so all ingredients infuse well together. Ready the mixture into a dough.
- Add oil in a pan and let it heat.
- Meanwhile from the dough mixture let prepare fine and thing cylindrical shapes, Grease your palm with oil and make the shapes. Repeat.
- Optional- If you have the breadcrumbs you can use it to coat these potato fingers for a crispier texture.
- Fry the potato fingers in the oil until golden brown. Take them out on a kitchen towel to absorb the extra oil. And repeat the process.
- Once done serve it with Green Chutney & Tomato Ketchup and a hot cuppa masala tea & Munch on!
Do try these Crispy Potato Fingers the next time you have a get together or divulge alone. I would love to have your feedback and comments!
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.