The multiple varieties of pakoras are mind-boggling. It is made from all different kinds of vegetables like spinach, onion, cauliflower, potato, Paneer. Just by coating with Besan batter made with aromatic Indian spices, it gives whole new dimension even to the most boring or dull vegetable.
Paneer is the King of Indian Cuisine; it makes a dish royal and rich. How can we leave behind Paneer when it comes to the making Pakoras? Paneer Pakora is one of the hot favorites among us. It is a great starter recipe which is easy-peasy and is ready to eat in no time.
On a rainy day, crunchy Paneer Pakora will come to your rescue. This recipe should be on your top list for your next kitty/tea party.
Home-made green chutney or ketchup makes the best accompaniment and it is immensely satisfying as it accentuates the taste of pakodas. Soft and supple Paneer inside crispy and crusty coating outside is best of both worlds. Tempting, isn’t it?
Without further ado, let’s get started!
Paneer Pakora Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 250 grams paneer
- 1 spoon red chilli powder
- 1 spoon chat masala
Ingredients or pakora batter
- 1 cup Besan(gram flour)
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 2 tablespoon curd
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1/4 cup finely chopped mint
- 1 spoon green chillies finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon roasted jeera powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chat masala
- 1/2 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 pinch Eno(without flavour)
- 1 pinch hing
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl add Besan (gram flour) and rice flour and mix well. Add water in small batches and make a thick batter.
- After you get a good consistency add curd and stir it well for a minute. Add water if needed and make a smooth lump free flowing batter.
- Add all the masalas- firstly a pinch of asafetida then garam masala, roasted cumin seed powder and chat masala.
- Now add chopped green chilies, ginger- garlic paste and give it a nice mix. Add Eno and whisk it for one minute so that it mixes properly. Lastly, add chopped mint and coriander leaves.
Paneer Marination –
- In a bowl add sliced Paneer (rectangle shape); add a tablespoon red chili powder, 1 tablespoon chat masala and mix it well or you can toss it gently to coat the slices well in the masalas.
Deep Frying –
- Heat the oil in deep frying pan.
- Simultaneously add 5-6 Paneer pieces in the batter and coat it nicely and evenly.
- Once the oil is hot enough gently drop the batter coated Paneer piece into the medium hot oil.
- Deep fry the Paneer pakoras till crisp and golden brown. Drain Paneer pakoras on a kitchen towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve Paneer pakoras piping hot with coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
See the smile spread across on the faces of your loved ones when they bite into this moist and crunchy Paneer pakoda. A perfect starter and a rainy day savior, you have to make this dish in your kitchen. Let me know if you have any queries related to the dish.
Post your comments and feedback to keep me motivated.