For all the small get together, the host has to come up with new dishes to make the gathering interesting! Right? I have an instant recipe that is fresh and packed with perfect crunch- Semolina fritters – Rava/Suji ke Pakode! These bite-size snacks are great appetizers. Made with easily available ingredients and if this dish is up to your sleeve you can entertain any unexpected guest as well. The taste is amazing and will be loved by all.
Subscribe to our Newsletter!
Cooking doesn’t have to be hard. Sign up to receive delicious recipes!
Here are ingredients and method to get you started.
Instant Rava(Suji)Pakora Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Finely chopped Large Onion
- 1 Finely chopped Medium size Capsicum
- 1/3 Cup Finely chopped Coriander
- 1/2 Cup Semolina
- 1/3 Cup little sour Curd
- 2 Finely chopped Green Chili
- 1/4 Tsp Eno
- 1 Tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 1 Tbsp Chat Masala
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl beat the curd until it loses all its lumps. Add suji and mix it well with the curd to combine them well. Add ¼ cup of water to make it into a batter. Let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- By this time the suji has soaked all liquid, add a little water again and stir.(Add water accordingly to make the batter of a thick consistency)
- Add all the chopped vegetables such as capsicum, onion, coriander, green chilies, chat masala, ginger garlic paste and mix all the ingredients well.
- In a deep bottom pan, add oil and let it heat. Now to check whether the oil is ready for frying, add a little bit of this batter and if it comes up immediately then it means that they are oil is ready for frying.
- Quickly add salt to taste and eno into the batter and mix well for a minute.
- Now taking a small amount of this batter in your hand or on a spoon drop them in the oil.
- Now fry the Pakode till the time they are golden brown from all side this can take anywhere from minute to minute and a half. (I avoided using red chili powder or turmeric powder to the brilliant color, this is purely option)
- Once they are golden in color from all side it’s time to remove them on a kitchen towel.
- Serve while hot with some green chutney or tomato sauce.
These crunchy delights taste amazing; give it a try in your kitchen. Drop your comments and let me know your experience.