Sev is widely popular thin noodle like savory snack which is made of the gram flour and rice flour. As it can be made at home easily the best part is that one can experiment in all different kind of flavors, just keep the base same and you might end up creating delicious versions.
That being said, as you guys are aware that I simply love experimenting with ingredients. One such good outcome was- Aloo Pudina Sev (mint). It simply is refreshing. It is yummy and flavorful crispy dry snack which goes well with tea or coffee or for sudden hunger pangs.
Aloo Pudina Sev Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Gram Flour(Besan)
- 1/2 Cup Rice Flour
- 1 Boiled and grated potato
- 1/2 Cup Cooking oil
- 2 Tbsp Mint leaves paste
- 1 Tbsp Red chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Green chili paste
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Pour cooking oil in a mixing bowl and add 1/4th cup of water.
- Now add green chili paste, mint leaves paste, turmeric, red chili powder and salt to taste. Stir well.
- Add gram flour & rice flour to the liquid mixture; mix well with a spatula to a form a soft dough.
- To this now add grated potatoes and again give it a quick mix.
- Lastly, add one tbsp oil to smoothen the dough.
- Heat oil in a deep deep bottom pan.
- Take Sev maker machine with disk and grease the inside of it with oil.
- Now fill the container with prepared dough and close it tightly.
- Add the Sev directly into the oil; prepare roundish shapes of the Sev. Move the machine in circular motion. Be careful while frying, the steam that comes off is too hot, you got to take care of your hands.
- Fry both the sides till it becomes golden & crispy. Remove it using a slotted spoon and place it on kitchen towel & on a plate.
Continue the same process for remaining dough.
You and your folks are going to love this refreshing sev. Enjoy with friends over a cup of tea.
I would love to hear your feedback. For any query drop in your comments!
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.