Bhindi or Okra is a vegetable which a lot of people are very fond of. Kurkuri Bhindi is a very popular North Indian snack. It can be easily found in wedding buffet menus. You can make these by marinating tender okras in gram flour and it will be ready in minutes. This versatile snack is appetizing with Dal & Rice, Roti & Sabzi and even my personal favorite tea! Charm your loved ones this simple yet delectable side dish.
Kurkuri Bhindi Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 350gm sliced Ladies finger
- 4 Tbsp Gram flour
- 1 Tsp Chaat masala
- 1 Tsp Red chili powder
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 Tsp Dry mango powder
- 2 Tbsp Rice flour
- 1/2 Tsp Garam masala
- 1/2 Tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 1/4 Tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Cut the Bhindi into a half and remove the seeds and again slice it into three strips each.
- Collect them in a bowl and turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala, chaat masala, roasted cumin seeds, Dhaniya powder, dry mango powder, and finally gram-flour, rice flour, toss ingredients well and sprinkle salt and water to coat Bhindi well.
- Heat oil in a vessel until medium-hot for deep frying.
- Using spatula pour Bhindi into the oil, tossing it well in the oil fry until golden brown. Fry the remaining similarly.
- Take them out in kitchen towel-lined plate.
You will fall in love with not only taste but also crunch! I am sure you and your folks will relish these “all-day all-time” snack! Let me know your experience with the recipe and comment below your feedback. By making them this way you can store this kurkuri okra up to a week.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.