Khaman Dhokla another Gujarati snack has gained quiet a following over the years nationally and internationally. Extremely healthy these snack taste absolutely delicious and are light on stomach. But getting the right consistency for Dhokla or khaman can be difficult as well. The recipe I have today is for Instant Sooji Dhokla that you will fall in love with
Rava Dhokla is instant version of white dhokla. Though instant and made from Sooji its just tastes as good as the original. My method doesn’t involve soaking, grinding or fermentation and that’s the reason it can be made in very less time. It is a healthy snack as it is steamed and we can use very less oil for tadka also. Yogurt is used in this Rava dhokla so it adds up sourness just like we get it in white dhokla after fermentation. Making soft and spongy instant Rava dhokla is an art and many beginners fail to get it right. Rava dhokla’s perfect step by step recipe will let you make your best ever homemade instant white dhokla.
Sooji Dhokla Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 1/2 cup Semolina Sooji - Rava
- 1/2 cup Curd
- 2 tbsp Coriander Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Green chili finely crushed (You can increase or decrease as per your taste)
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 Pouch Eno (Without Flavor)
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil
- 1 pinch Asfoedita
- 1 tsp Sesame Til
- 1 tsp Brown Musterd Seeds Sarso - Rai
Sprinkle Masala Ingredients
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Chat masala
- 1 tsp Black Salt
- 1 tsp Jeera powder Roasted
- Firstly take a mixing bowl, add Sooji and curd to it. Mix well
- Add water accordingly and make it into a smooth batter.
- Once you have nice and smooth batter, add chopped coriander leaves, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste and then salt to taste. Stir well
- Place the steamer on the high flame and add water as shown in the video.
- Meanwhile, grease the steel plate (part of the steamer) with oil and place it inside the steamer and close the lid. Let it heat on a medium flame.
- Simultaneously add the eno packet to the dhokla batter and stir continuously for 2 minutes.
- So now empty the bowl with dhokla batter into the hot steel plate that we placed inside steamer.
- Sprinkle the spices over the batter.
- Close the lid of the steamer and let it cook for 10 minutes on high flame.
- After 10 minutes switch off the gas. Carefully take out the dhokla plate and place it on a towel.
- When the plate cools off a bit, cut the dhokla into the desired shape.
- For the last tadka garnishing, place a small pan on flame and add oil.
- Now add the mustard seeds and let them pop and once done lower the flame.
- Now add sesame seeds and a pinch of asafetida.
- With the help of a spoon garnish the simmering hot tadka over the dhokla pieces.
The wait over and the instant Sooji dhokla is ready to be served and eaten. It’s the easiest recipe and as you can see it is ready in minutes. You will definitely enjoy making it.
Your comments and feedback are what keeps me motivated to experiment and bring new and hassle-free recipes for you guys, so keep the love coming!
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.