Shankarpali or shakkarpara is an Indian bite-sized snack and is popular in Western India, especially in Gujarat, Maharashtra, and Karnataka. Traditionally relished as a treat on Diwali. It is loaded in carbohydrates, making it an immediate source of energy.
Try this authentic recipe of shakkarpara and you will be amazed to see the results. They are crispy, soft inside and sweetened. Make this snack a part of your festive spread and let you folks appreciate your Pro Cooking skills.
A 100% full proof recipe that surpasses even the market bought Shakkarpara.
Shakkarpara Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 2 & 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Clarified Butter
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- In pan heat ghee till it melts.
- Pour milk and on a low-medium flame and whisk it will until both blend together.
- Switch off the flame and take it out in a bowl.
- Add sugar. Mix it until it melts.
- Add half quantity of all-purpose flour to the milk and ghee mixture.
- Add the other half and mix so there are no lumps.
- Knead it into a soft dough.
- Cover with a wet cloth without it touching the dough Ad set it aside for 2 hours.
- Knead for two minutes to soften it.
- Take a hand full of dough and roll it into with help of a rolling pin. Cut the uneven corners, so it looks like a clean rectangle
- Cut it into pieces. Shape depends on your choice.
- Prepare the other pieces similarly
- In a deep bottomed pan heat oil.
- Once it is of right temperature (medium hot) gently slide in the shakkarpara pieces.
- On a low medium flame, cook both the sides until golden brown.
- Take it out on a kitchen towel lined plate and serve.
Did you observe how easy it was? Well, you have to try to believe how tasty these bite-size festive snacks are. Your folks are going to enjoy these Shakkarpara so do make it in your kitchen and share your experience in the comment section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.