These Barbeque nation style Crispy Corn is an excellent snack to serve your guests when you have a time trouble. This dish is super easy and quick to make, you are definitely going to love this Crispy Corn Recipe and also Corn Chaat Recipe. If you haven’t tried it yet, are you even on this planet and if you already had this dish, well you have to try my version to believe its drool-worthy outcome.
Be it any situation- unexpected guests, late night hunger pangs, heavy rains or even cold gloomy weather, this recipe will come handy and instantly make you the life of the party. Add a little dash of spices, and coriander and give the lemon a squeeze…Voila, your Crispy Corn Chaat is ready as well.
Let’s get started.
Crispy Corn Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 2 Tbsp Corn Flour/Corn Starch
- 2 Finely Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Coriander
- 1/2 Tsp Red chili powder
- 1/2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 Tsp Chaat masala
- 1/4 Tsp Black salt
- 1/4 Tsp Chili Flakes
- Salt to Taste
- In a steel vessel add water and let it boil.
- Next, add corn and on high flame, let the corn boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Once done switch off the flame, strain the corn kernels.
- In a mixing bowl add corn flour, chili flakes, red chili powder, and salt to taste and mix well.
- Add the strained corn kernels into this mixture and coat them evenly. If it doesn’t mix well sprinkle few water drops and you will be sorted.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan.
- Turn the flame to low medium and add spoonfuls of coated corn kernels.
- Now let the corn kernels fry for two minutes on the same heat.
- Turn them around in the oil and try to split them as well.
- After frying the corns on flame for 3 minutes, fry them for more for a minute or two on full flame.
- Once it is golden and appears to be crispy take them out on a kitchen towel lined plate.
It is ready to be consumed. But here is another version
- Transfer the fried and crispy corn kernels into a mixing bowl, add black sea salt, chaat masala, crushed green chilies, finely chopped coriander and finally squeeze in lemon juice.
- Mix well and transfer it to a serving bowl. And your Crispy Corn Chaat is ready.
I understand that you must be completely famished by now. And trust me it is worth the wait. It is absolutely lip-smacking. Try this recipe and your folks will go bonkers. It is that good. Simple yet brilliant. Let me know your thoughts on this dish by commenting in the section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.