Schezwan Soup? Check. Schezwan Noodles? Check. Schezwan Sauce? Check. Schezwan Sev? Yes, you read that right. Desi Snack with a Chinese twist! Schezwan Sev tastes great and is very similar to the crunchy schezwan noodles. Normally you must have already tried making Sev, Aloo Sev, Aloo Bhujiya, Mint Sev, Aloo Mint Sev but I experimented a little and came up with Schezwan Sev. The flavor of schezwan is fiery hot and will set your palate on fire and you will love it!
Schezwan Sev Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Gram Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rice Flour
- 2 Tbsp Schezwan sauce
- 1/4 Tsp Asfoetida
- 1/4 Tsp Crushed carom seeds
- 2 Tbsp Red Chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Take one mixing bowl and add 1 Tbsp Oil(If you want to make it crispy soft add 1/2 cup Oil), add 4 Tbsp water, Asafetida, Crushed Carom seeds, Red chili powder, Schezwan sauce, salt to taste and mix it well.
- Now add Gram flour slowly and mix it a little, add rice flour and again mix it well. Add water accordingly and make a soft dough.
- Add 1 Tbsp oil and knead the dough for about a minute.
- Take Sev maker machine with disk and grease the inside of it with oil. On other side heat the oil in a pan over medium heat for deep frying the Sev.
- Now fill the container with prepared dough and close it tightly.
- Now check the oil temperature, oil should be hot enough. You can check it by dropping a pinch of dough in the oil. If it comes on top after 1-2 seconds then oil is ready to fry.
- Add the Sev directly into the oil; prepare roundish shapes of the Sev. Move the machine in circular motion. As you complete one circle, stop there and cut the remaining Sev from the end with the help of knife or hand or kitchen scissors. Or you can reverse the handle a bit to stop the Sev from coming out.
- Fry both the sides till it becomes golden & crispy. Remove it using a slotted spoon and place it on kitchen towel & on a plate.
Continue the same process for remaining dough.
- Sprinkle a little masala (mixed spices) onto the sev. (Optional)
- Let it cool completely and when it cools store them in an airtight container.
You and your folks are going to love this desi-firangi snack. Friends+tea+a bowl of Schezwan Sev= Total Bliss.
I would love to hear your feedback. For any query drop in your comments!