There is a mind-boggling variety of chutney originating in India. Dry, sweet, sour, spicy, made with all kinds of vegetables.
Today I have not one but two recipes for Garlic chutney. The dry chutney is spicy and can be used in making other dishes, while the sweet garlic chutney will blow your mind and is flavorful that it goes with almost anything.
Garlic chutney assists in lowering blood cholesterol and betters the digestion process. It reduces blood sugar levels and boosts the energy level of the body
Garlic Chutney Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1/2 Cup Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Red Chili Powder
- 1/3 Cup Grated Jaggery or Jaggery Powder
- 1/4 Cup Coriander Powder
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tbsp Black salt to taste
- In a mixing jar add garlic cloves, 1tsp of salt, close the lid and grind it to a fine paste.
- Now add jeera powder, black salt, ½ tsp salt, red chili powder and grind it once more.
- You can add dry mango powder for extra zing. The dry garlic chutney is ready.
- Pour in 2 tbsp of dry garlic chutney that we just prepared in a mixing bowl.
- Add coriander powder, grated jaggery or jaggery powder.
- With the help of a spoon mix all ingredients well. Press it rigorously with the back of the spoon.
- The sweet garlic chutney is ready as well.
Relish these chutneys with parantha, Puri, and roti. You can also use dry garlic chutney to prepare other dishes. You can pair the sweet garlic chutney with masala or plain Khichdi.
Storing them in an airtight container will increase their shelf life. Place them in the refrigerator and consume it for 4-6 months.
Do not use water at any stage, as it won’t be necessary, and it will also decrease its shelf life.
Let me know in the comment section below of how you liked the recipe. Your feedback keeps me motivated to come up with unique recipes, so keep them coming.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.