Hummus is a creamy, thick spread made from chickpeas (mashed) and other healthy ingredients. It is a Middle Eastern dip or sauce or spread that is enjoyed thoroughly by the locals. In fact, the word hummus literally translated to chickpea in Arabic. It is a part of most traditional Arab Cuisine.
Hummus is an excellent protein source for vegetarians and it tastes delicious. It is one of the healthy trends to follow for sure. Use it as a spread on pita wrap, sandwiches, potato toasts or make roasted veggie bowls etc. its has zillion health benefits such as it decreases inflammation, fights illness and disease, aids in digestion and boost your health.
Let’s take a look at the recipe.
Hummus Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Chickpeas(Soaked overnight and perfectly boiled)
- Tahini Sauce
- Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 4-5 finely chopped Garlic cloves
- 1/2 Tbsp Cumin Seeds
- Salt to Taste
- In a mixing-jar add tahini sauce and lemon juice and blend for 2 minutes to form a fine paste.
- Add olive oil, cumin seeds, garlic and salt to taste, grind for a minute.
- Next step is to add half a cup chickpeas first, once it has reduced to a coarse mixture add the other half and grind again.
- Add a little water to the coarse mixture to make it into a paste. If the mixture still appears to be rigid, add a little more water and grind for about 2 minutes.
- The hummus is ready, it will appear smooth airy in texture.
- Transfer the content to a serving bowl, add a spoon of olive oil and sprinkle red chili powder.
You guys should definitely give it a try. It will become your new favorite, it high in protein contents makes you avoid over-eating and in turn will make you lose weight. Share your feedback and drop in your comment for any query.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.