Tahini sauce/dip is made from toasted sesame seeds. It is served as a dip on its own and it is also a major component in Middle Eastern dishes like hummus, falafel, baba ghanoush and halva. Apart from being used in the eastern Mediterranean region and the Middle East, it is widely used in Chinese and South East Asian Cuisine, notably.
Its rich in minerals such as phosphorous and magnesium also aids in live detoxification. Made from ground sesame seeds, tahini is extremely versatile in cooking sweet and savory dishes. Make a salad dressing, or use it to stir fry and or blend it with garlic and chickpeas and your Hummus is ready! It has a strong & nutty flavor which gives your palate a good food experience.
Homemade Tahini Sauce Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 cup Sesame Seeds
- 3-4 Tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat a shallow bottom pan, and pour in sesame seed and roast for a minute until it gives off a nice fragrance. Turn off the gas.
- Let it cool by continuously stirring it.
- Once the roasted sesame seeds cool, put them into a mixing jar and finely grind them.
- In the mixing jar, add olive oil, salt to taste to the crushed sesame seeds. and grind all ingredients once again.
- Grind for about 4-5 minutes for a smooth paste.
Your authentic tahini sauce is ready to be consumed. It has a shelf life up to a month & stores it in an air-tight container. Do try it in your kitchen and use it in making other recipes. Share your experience, drop your comments and feedback.