There is more to beautiful Mexico than the clear, blue seas and the exotic culture. The tasty and unique Mexican cuisine is a top favorite all around the world. Mexican food is extremely spicy and is full of flavors and its dips and chips and some dishes are famous all around the world.
Salsa is any one of several sauces typical of Mexican cuisine, also known as salsa fresca, hot salsa or salsa picante, particularly used as dips. Here is a simple yet authentic recipe for Salsa sauce. Enjoy it as a dip with all kind of chips & fritters. Its taste again is a party of flavors on your palate.
Salsa Sauce Recipe Video and Text Recipe Below
- 4 Medium size tomato
- 1 Finely chopped onion
- 2 Finely chopped green chili
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Pinch black pepper powder
- 1/2 chili flakes
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan on medium flame. Place 4 tomatoes as is in the pan and roast well and till they get a nice smoky flavor.
- Take the tomatoes out in a plate, dice them, and peel off the skin.
- Now put the peeled and diced tomatoes into a chopper.
- Just grind until they get a coarse texture and not too much.
- Now add onion, coriander leaves, green chilies, lemon juice, black pepper powder, chili flakes and finally salt to taste into the grinder/chopper.
- Now just grind to mix the ingredients. Give a nice stir with a spoon and your Mexican style Salsa sauce is ready. Serve with nachos or tacos. You and your folks will love it!
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.