The favorite North Indian street food that everybody, absolutely love to gorge on. Aloo Tikki is served in so many different ways and styles varying from region to region.
The crunchier the snack is the better it tastes. Isn’t it? Here is my version of Crunchy Chunky Aloo Tikki and tastes finger licking good. It’s a burst of flavors as it has the goodness of so many vegetables and aromatic Indian spices. For that extra crunch and chunk, I have added few simple & easily available ingredients. I am sure you will love my version of this flavorful Crunchy Chunky Aloo Tikki. Without further ado let’s get started.
How to Make Crunchy Chunky Tikki
Crunchy Chunky Tikki Recipe
- 2 Potatoes Large Boiled and grated
- 1 Tbsp Onion Finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Capsicum Finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp Carrot Finely chopped
- 2 Tsp Green Chili Paste
- 2 Tbsp Grated Paneer
- 1 Tbsp Mint leaves Finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Coriander Finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Chaat Masala
- 1 Tsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tsp Cumin seeds powder Roasted
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Spice Boondi
- 2 Tbsp crumbled papad Roasted
- Bread Crumbs
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl of boiled grated potato add salt to taste and 2-3 tbsp breadcrumb and mix well. Your Potato dough is ready
- In a mixing bowl add the veggies- capsicum, onion, carrot, finely chopped mint leaves & coriander, green chili paste. Now add lemon juice, chat masala, roasted cumin powder, salt to taste and finally add the grated cottage cheese and mix well all the ingredients. Your stuffing is ready
- To this mixture add masala Boondi, crushed papad and stir well.
- Prep for Stuffing- place both the bowls and an empty plate.
- Take some dough and flatten in your palm, to this add 1 tbsp of stuffing into it and seal it from all sides.
- While forming a small ball, gently press from all sides to avoid stuffing from oozing out. Press and flatten the ball.
- Similarly, prepare the stuffed flat balls from remaining potato dough.
- Coating & Deep Frying-Prepared stuffed tikkis, a bowl of breadcrumbs and a bowl of corn flour paste.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan.
- Meanwhile take a Tikki, first dip it into the cornflour paste and coat it with breadcrumbs.
- Add tikki in the hot oil, deep fry the tikkis on low flame till it turns to light golden brown in color from both sides.
- Dip and coat all the tikkis and fry them similarly.
- Take them out in kitchen towel lined plate and serve hot. Green chutney would go perfectly with this Crunchy Aloo Tikki.
Hope you enjoyed watching the video. It is a must try in your kitchen. Love to hear your feedback & drop your comments for the feedback.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.