Coconut Kheer is a great variation to regular rice kheer. It is made using clarified butter and wheat flour, milk, dry fruits, and the star ingredient, grated coconut, and of course milk. The thick texture is simply delicious, everyone in your family will love this Coconut kheer.
What is Kheer?
Originally made from milk and rice, Kheer is the most appealing sweet dish and is made in almost every household in India. Knowns as Payasam in South India, one of its variety uses jaggery instead of sugar and it yummy! It is also served as bhog during puja in the festivities.
Kheer, thought is a sweet dish, is also often eaten with puri and it is served as prasad or offering in temples, gurudwaras. It is also the easiest dessert to cook whenever your sweet tooth does the calling.
Health benefits of Kheer
Given the milk and dry fruits and coconut content, it has a small amount of both vitamin A and vitamin C and is also a good source of calcium and low in cholesterol.
It cools your body during summers especially when the body tends to overheat
Milk = proteins and carbohydrates instantly help absorb amino acids.
Hands down the best alternative to coffee or tea.
Let us get started with Coconut Recipe.
How to Make Coconut Kheer
Coconut Kheer Recipe
- 1 ltr Milk
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- Few Dryfruits Sliced
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Grated
- 1 Tbsp Butter Clarified
- 1 Tbsp Wheat flour
- 1/4 Tsp Tea Masala
- Heat a thick-base utensil, kadhai, and add ghee or clarified butter to it.
- Once the ghee melts, add wheat flour and stir well and roast for a minute and a half.
- Now add tea masala, grated coconut, and dry fruits mix and roast for 30-40 seconds. Keep the flame on low-medium.
- Stirring continuously pour hot milk with the other hand, do it carefully.
- Now on full flame, cook well stirring constantly until it comes to a boil.
- After the boil, turn the flame to low medium, and sugar.
- After the sugar melt cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- After it has a medium-thick consistency, turn off the flame and serve it hot.
Desserts like these can really make a dull day exciting. It has a great taste, and I am sure everyone will love Coconut Kheer.
Do share your experience with the recipe and let me know in the comment section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.