Indian Dessert makes you go weak in the knees. It’s a heated blanket on a chilly winter night. It’s the icing on a cake and the climax to a completely magnificent movie. There is no doubting the fact, that desserts give a befitting finish to any meal. Especially Indians have an affinity for sweets, no doubt.
Not only are desserts section a staple fare, but they are also given in the places of worship in India. Be it the “khada Prasad” at Gurudwaras’ or the “Boondi Ladoos” offered at temples, desserts compose an essential part of sacred offerings. Altogether, every Indian dessert uses sugar, milk, and khoya as chief ingredients.
Vermicelli Pudding is a delightful Indian dessert made with full-fat milk and roasted vermicelli strands is often served as a sweet dish after lunch or dinner. In this recipe, vermicelli roasted in ghee to give it a pleasant aroma and its signature taste.
Seviyan Kheer Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Seviyan Kheer Recipe
- 1 liter Milk Full-fat
- 1/2 Cup Vermicelli
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Dry Fruits Sliced
- 20 gm Milk powder
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Coarsely crushed
- 1&1/2 tbsp Clarified Butter
- Heat a steel vessel and add little water.
- Next, add milk and let it come to a boil.
- Now on low flame add sugar, coarsely crushed cardamom, milk powder sachet.
- Stir well using a whisker and low medium let it boil.
- On the other hand, heat a pan add ghee, add dry fruits and roast them stirring continuously once this is done take them out on a plate.
- Add ghee in the same pan and the put vermicelli, roast on low-medium flame for 1-2 minute.
- Next step is to add roasted vermicelli in the boiling milk along with roasted dry fruits.
- On a low medium flame let it cook for 8-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- After 10 minutes turn off the flame and serve Semiya Kheer hot!
Yummy, isn’t it? Well, you saw how easy to cook it is. So hit your kitchen and make this sweet dish for your folks. Do let me know your feedback in the comment section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.