August 15th, 2018 will mark 72 years of India being Independent. Believe it or not, this day brings in a wave of new energy all over India. Not to forget the vibrant tricolor fever. From dresses to shop decors, shopping malls you will find these reflections of the Indian flag almost everywhere. Even the restaurants and sweet shops come up with tricolor dishes that are not only good looking but are delicious as well.
Now, guys, I am a fan of homemade sweet dishes. This Independence day ditch the regular Jalebi, or laddos or any sweets bought from the market. Make this easy Tricolor Sweet dish recipe that will calm your sweet tooth craving and will be pleasing to your eyes.
- 9 Bread Slices
- 200-250 gms Kalakand or and Mawa Sweet
- ½ Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup desiccated Coconut
- Orange Food Color
- Green Food Color
- 1 Tsp Milk
- Heat up a pan and add sugar and 1 cup of water. Keep stirring continuously and let the sugar melt completely.
- After the sugar melts let it come to a boil on high flame for about 2-3 minutes. The sugar syrup consistency should be thick but avoid it making into a 1 or 2 string syrup.
- After 2-3 minutes when you have the right consistency turn off the flame and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, let’s cut the bread slices into 4 equal square pieces.
- Once the sugar syrup cools down, divide it equally into 3 bowls. Similarly equally divide desiccated coconut as well into in 3 bowls.
- Now add a pinch of orange color in first Sugar Syrup bowl, add a pinch of green color in second sugar syrup bowl and leave one sugar syrup bowl plain only and mix them well. In the same way, add a pinch of Orange color in one desiccated coconut and a pinch of green color in second desiccated coconut bowl and leave the third desiccated coconut bowl plain. Mix well the bowls in which colors have been added.
- Now take 2 bread squares, dip it in orange sugar syrup and take out and squeeze the extra syrup. Next add about 1 Teaspoon of Kalakand or any Mawa sweet between the bread slices and press gently so that it does not open. Immediately roll it in orange colored desiccated coconut and place it on a plate.
- Repeat the same step for green and plain color. Dip square bread pieces in green and plain sugar syrup, add a tsp of Kalakand in between the bread pieces press gently and roll in the green and white colored desiccated coconut, respectively.
- You can refrigerate it after making and can have it for 1-2 Days.
It is ready in the blink of an eye. Just a bite into one will make weak in the knees. Your family and friends will go gaga over this Mithai. I hope you will definitely try this recipe and do share your cooking experience with me.
Do let me know in the comment of how you like this homemade sweet dish and keep your love coming through your lovely feedback.
Happy Independence Day.