Makhane ki Kheer is an aromatic and flavorful Indian dessert. Makhana is so nutritionally enriched that it’s arguably superior to Dry Fruits! This gluten-free, protein-rich and high in fibre wonder nut is popular weight-loss snack as well.
Makhane ki Kheer is love served in the form of dessert. You can also prepare a health-conscious version of the same by using low-fat milk and stevia.
Makhana Kheer Recipe Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Makhane ki Kheer Recipe
- 100 gms Fox nut Makhana
- 2 litre Full-fat Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Clarified butter Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Pista Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Almond Flakes
- 1 Tbsp Almondette Kernels Chironji
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Coarsely Crushed
- pinch Saffron strands
- In a steel-vessel heat a little water and add milk to it. Let it come to a boil. Stir occasionally on low-medium flame. Boil it for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan and pour ghee and add Makhana. Stir well and let them roast for 4-5 minutes.
- Now crush half quantity of roasted Makhana.
- Next in milk, add pistachios, Chironji, almond flakes, saffron strands, cardamom powder, crushed and whole Makhana. Cook again until it boils and further for 2 more minutes.
- After 4 minutes add sugar, and mix until sugar melts.
- Now let it simmer for 8-10 minutes until Makhanas are soft and blend well with milk.
- Stir occasionally and also scrap from the sides.
- You can maintain the thickness of the Kheer according to your liking.
- The Kheer is ready to be served.
You can refrigerate it or can enjoy a piping hot bowl in this cold weather. Do try this recipe and let me know your experience. I am sure everyone in your family will relish this fox nut pudding!
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.