Rushing to market or your favorite sweet shop just to grab a bite of sinful yet delicious Indian sweet to calm a craving for your sweet tooth instantly is impossible. Do not fret over because I have a recipe for one of the most rich and popular Indian sweet which can be easily made at home- Kalakand. Make Kalakand at home with just three ingredients that are easily available. The dish has soft and melt in mouth texture- which quickly calms your cravings. Why buy when you can make this extraordinary sweet dish at home. I am sure this has gotten your mouth watering let’s get started.
Kalakand Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 300gm Fresh Cheese (Paneer)
- 2 Tbsp Milk Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder (Elaichi Powder)
- 200gm Condensed Milk
- Thin Sliced Almonds & Pistachio
- Take a large bowl and with a help of grater, grate the fresh cheese. Grate it finely to get a smooth texture for Kalakand.
- Now add milk powder to the finely grated fresh cheese.
- Now using your hand mix and mash cheese and milk powder.
- Next, place a non-stick pan on flame and empty the condense milk container into it. You can use normal pan as well, before adding the condense milk just a tbsp of ghee to the pan.
- Add the cheese and milk powder mixture into the pan.
- Mix well. On medium flame stir the content continuously till it gets dense.As I have used sweetened milk powder, I will not add sugar, but you can add the sweetness according to your likeability.
- Stir continuously so the mixture doesn’t stick to the pan corners or base.
Kalakand made using cheese and condensed milk doesn’t take much time, just takes 5-7 minutes to make it thick.
- Once you see the oil formation in the pan, add the cardamom powder (elaichi) and mix well.
- Your Kalakand is ready! Turn off the flame.
- Grease a plate and transfer the mixture into plate and even the top with the help of spatula and let it set.
- Garnish with thin sliced almonds and pistachios. Press the garnishing with the help of the spatula do it sticks to the top.
- It will take around 2 hours for Kalakand to set. Or once it cools down you can refrigerate it too.
- After Kalakand sets in you can cut it into shape of your choice. Take it out on a serving dish and serve!
Do try this Kalakand recipe in your kitchen and let me know your experience. Comment below for your feedback.