Festivals bring joy and happiness along with a dish or ingredients that have been associated with it from centuries. Makar Sankranti is one such festival that is celebrated all over India. Til (sesame seeds), Gud (jaggery) Singdana (peanuts) are ingredients what dominate this festival. Mind boggling varieties of sweets, Chikki, Ladoos are prepared from the same.
Today’s recipe is an instant take on Peanut Jaggery ladoo. They are absolutely delectable.
They are not just to appeal to your tongue, but have many benefits. Some are –
- Consuming jaggery and peanut alleviates problems related to menstruation in women. It is said to ease up the flowing of blood in the body. Avoid excessive consumption.
- They help remove the toxic substances in the body. Elimination of toxicity also gives a glow to the face.
- Peanuts contain fibers, helping in overcoming problems like acidity and constipation.
- By consuming Jaggery and nuts comprising proteins and calcium, the teeth and bones become stronger.
Apart from this, you can also try Gur Papdi, very light textured sweet dish that tastes amazing. How can one forget the Coconut Ladoos, yummy? All those who are careful on calorie intake should try Sugar Free-Dry Fruit Ladoo.
How to make Peanut Ladoo
Peanut Ladoo Recipe
- 300 gm Peanuts Roasted and Coarsely Crushed
- 300 gm Jaggery Chopped or Jaggery Powder
- 1 tbsp butter Clarified
- Heat a kadhai and ghee to it.
- Add the chopped jaggery. On low-medium flame, stir continuously until it melts.
- Add a half bowl of crushed peanuts first, mix well with the jaggery.
- If the mixture is too sloppy, add crushed peanuts again, you can add according to the consistency you want.
- Grease a plate with ghee, and transfer the mixture into it.
- Apply ghee to your palms, take a handful of mixture and make round balls by rolling between your palms.
- You can prepare the ladoo size, according to your likability.
It is ready to be eaten, and just one more thing, toss them in desiccated coconut. I am sure this simple recipe will garner you many fans. Do share your cooking experience by commenting in the section below.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.