With rain gods showering us love, don’t we love some hot, delectable corn recipes? Today, I bring to you a sweet dish with corn. Yes, you read it right! Sweet dish with Sweet Corn/Bhutta/Makkai. This dish will definitely satisfy all the sweet toothed viewers. Satisfy your sweet pangs with goodness of these seasonal golden kernels. You will definitely be a hit with all age groups- young and old because this halwa/sheera tastes absolutely divine. Serve it hot with some extra dash of ghee to finish the whole pot in a flash!
Makai Halwa Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 3 Cup Sweet corn
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Clarified butter
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Milk
- 8-10 Sliced Pistachio
- 10-12 Kishmish
- 8-10 roughly chopped Cashew
- 8-10 soaked, peeled and sliced Almonds
- Saffron strands soaked in 1 tbsp Milk
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- In a mixing jar pour in bowl full of corn kernels. Close the lid and grind it into a paste. Keep it aside.
- In next step, heat a pan and add ghee.
- Once the ghee melts add almonds, cashew, and pistachio and now on low medium flame, stirring continuously roast until light golden. Take them out in a plate.
- Now add the fine paste of corn kernels into the pan with ghee.
- Mix swiftly and continuously to avoid it sticking to the base. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Cook until the moisture disappears and the ghee starts to separate. (a total of 10 minutes)
- On full flame, pour milk into the pan and mix well.
- Add sugar, saffron soaked in milk, crushed cardamom powder, and mix all ingredients well.
- Stirring continuously cook until the mixture thicken on a low medium-high flame.
- Once it thickens and is of desired consistency add the roasted dry fruits.
- Serve it in a bowl and enjoy!
Mouthwatering, isn’t it? Do try this recipe and your folks will be in for a treat. Write in your feedback and experience with recipe.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.