Celebrations on Ganesha Chaturthi are incomplete without a plateful of Lord Ganpati’s favorite modaks. These sweet dumplings are a special treat to lord Ganpati and to us as well. While one can always buy modak from sweet shops, but there is certain happiness and satisfaction in making them at home.
Today the recipe I have for you is Choco nut and Choco Dip Modak, made with the richness of nuts and yumminess of chocolate. This is an instant recipe that can be made with easily available ingredients. And we all love chocolate and maybe Ganeshji too! Let’s get started!
Sooji Halwa Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Chocolate(Dark/Milk)
- 3 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 3 tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 4 tbsp Coarsely ground Walnuts
- 4 tbsp Coarsely ground Pistachio
- 4 tbsp Coarsely ground Almonds
- Melt chocolate shavings.
- Meanwhile, the chocolate melts, in a mixing bowl add coarsely ground almonds, pistachio, walnut, desiccated coconut and finally add condensed milk. Stir nicely so that all ingredients combine well.
- It will just take a minute for the chocolate to melt in the microwave, take it out and give it a stir.
- Now pour half of the melted chocolate into the dry fruit and condensed milk mixture, mix, add a little more accordingly to get the right mixture.
- Once the final chocolate modak mixture is ready, take a modak mold (many shapes are available in the market, but nothing beats the classic one)
- Grease the mold well and then fill it up with spoon pressing hard so that the shape is sharp. Once done with the filling, open the mold and place the readied modak on a plate.
Repeat for rest of chocolate mixture.
- Place half of the readied modak (I am taking three) in a plate and pour chocolate on them one by one with help of a spoon. This version will be called Choco Dip Modak.
Serve Choco Nut and Choco Dip Modak on a fancy plate and serve to your family and guest. Kids are going to love this choco modaks so make plenty in case you run out. I am sure you will try this dish. Share your cooking experience with me and drop in your comments and feedback.