The falooda is a dessert disguised as a drink. It is an apposite coupling of silky vermicelli noodles with ice cream and /or crushed ice, slithery black basil seeds (tukmaria), all of which is steeped in a vibrant bath of rose syrup, with nuts sprinkled over. It is Sweet, refreshing, smooth, cool, crunchy, velvety, it engages the palate on many levels simultaneously, and is the perfect antidote to a summer day.
The falooda, as we know it today, came trundling with the Iranians when they sailed to India. Certainly, faloodeh is a quintessentially Persian drink, enjoyed on Jamshedi Navroze by the Zoroastrian Iranis.
I am so excited to share this recipe, especially around Eid. The festive season is the best to have this amazing dessert. Let’s get started.
Falooda Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 & 1/2 Glass Chilled Milk
- 4 to 5 Tbsp Rose Syrup
- 4 to 5 Scoop Ice cream
- 1 Tbsp Tukmaria (Sabja seeds)
- 1/2 Cup Cornflour
- 1 & 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- In a small bowl with sabja seed add water and let it sit for a while.
- In a bowl add corn flour and sugar. Add half cup of water and whisk well to ensure it is lump free. Now add another half a cup water and mix well.
- In another bowl, ready it with ice cubes dipped in water and set it in refrigerator.
- Heat a pan, and stir the cornflour batter once and pour it into the pan. On medium flame let it cook and keep stirring continuously. Keep stirring till the end to ensure that there are no lumps. Once the mixture is transparent turn off the gas.
- Now transfer the cornflour mixture into a squeezy bottle with a nozzle cap.
- Now take out the ice cube water bowl from fridge and with the help of the squeezy bottle, drizzle the noodles into the cold water as shown in the video. And the falooda sev or noodles are ready. You can even store it in refrigerator for 4- days
- Now add milk in the mixing jar, add 2 tbsp rose syrup, 2 scoops of ice cream and churn it well.
- It’s time to assemble the content now. In a tall glass add 1.5 tbsp of rose syrup, add the sabja seed(which by the time have bloated and turned fluffy), next comes the falooda noodles and finally tilt a spoon in the glass and gently add milkshake (this will not let milkshake mix with the below ingredients). Top it off with some froth, an ice cream cube, some almond pistachio flakes and a light drizzle of rose syrup.
Treat yourself this glass of magnificent falooda and share it with your friends and family. Make them a fan of your cooking skills. It is must try during this festive season. Share your cooking experience and keep posting comments and feedback.