If you imagined that only diamonds could make a Surti’s eyes sparkle, you need to think again!
A stroll in the lanes that serve some of the best street food in Surat will make you realize how innovative and creative the people are. Apart from all other delicacies, Surat’s Cold Coco has a huge fan following.
Cold coco is a dense, creamy and silky chocolate drink, it may look like a chocolate milkshake or chocolate smoothie but its preparation is what makes a huge difference in the taste.
In today’s recipe, you will learn to make authentic Surti Cold Coco, and then you won’t have to leave your home to drink it anywhere else. Not only will you enjoy but your folks will relish Surti Cold cocoa and it will surely satisfy their taste buds. Be ready to bag in millions of compliments.
Let’s get started!
Cold Coco Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Cold Coco Recipe
- 500 ml Full fat Milk
- 200 ml Milk
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Grated
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour
- In a steel-vessel pour and heat milk. Cook on low flame and let it boil well.
- In the next step, add coco powder in a bowl along with corn flour, sugar, and milk.
- Whisk until all ingredients melt and blend well.
- Next, in the vessel with milk simmering, pour in the coco mixture with one hand and keep stirring with the other hand.
- Add chocolate and on full flame stir continuously to avoid it sticking it to the base. Let it come to a boil.
- After a boil, on low medium flame keep stirring continuously and let it cook for 5-7 minutes until it has a thick consistency.
- Switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- You will observe a thick layer of cream on top of the coco, now strain into another bowl.
- Refrigerate it for 5-6 hours
- Once chilled serve in a glass and garnish with chocolate flakes or chocolate powder.
This will definitely cool you instantly and will make you feel fuller. It is simply delicious and you and your folks will definitely enjoy.
Do try this recipe and let me know your experience with the recipe in the comment section below.!
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.