Tandoori cooking is very much a style rather than a single distinctive flavor, and within that particular style is a wide variety of ingredients that come together in delicious and sometimes very unique ways. It’s a popular style of cooking in India. It takes years of practice to master the art of tandoori cooking—and tremendous tolerance to bear repeatedly bending over the 900°F oven.
You might wonder what amazing Tandoori recipe we are to cook today. It is something that we drink daily in morning and evening hours- A hot cuppa of tea. YES. Today’s recipe is for Tandoori Chai. Made famous by the only city in India, Pune has been pulling crowd for this amazing tea for it ultimately unique flavor.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Make Tandoori Chai
Tandoori Chai Recipe
- 1¾ cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Tea leaves
- 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- ¼ Tsp Tea Masala
- 1 Green Cardamom
- 1 Clay pot for making Tandoori flavor tea
- In a steel vessel heat 1/4th cup of water.
- On low add tea leaves, sugar, tea masala and green cardamom.
- Now put the heat on medium to high and let it come to a boil.
- Add milk and lower the flame and let it simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat an earthen cup (kulhad). It should be hot from all sides.
- For the tea, let it come to boil for three times and then filter it using a strainer.
- Transfer the kulhad on the stove we made tea on and turn it upside down and let it heat on full flame for a minute.
- Switch off the flame and place the hot kulhad in a steel vessel (Facing upwards)
- Pour tea directly into the kulhad and empty the glass. You will see the tea bubbling and that’s due the extreme heat the kulhad absorbed.
- Once the bubbling stops, remove kulhad and transfer the tea in a cup and server.
Amazing Tandoori Chai is ready to be sipped in. you will love the smoked and earthy flavor. It is a must try and your folks will love this tea. DO let me know in comments how you liked the tea and your feedback keeps me motivated.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.