A festival is incomplete without special desserts and delicacies, and Holi makes it merrier as gorging on rich and savory dishes is an add-on to the carnival of colors.
To make your celebrations extra sweet, here is a recipe for Thandai/Sardai that would brighten up your spirits. It is nutty, it is creamy and it is loaded. This Thandai recipe is decadence overload. It is made with the divine mixture of almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, watermelon seeds, green cardamoms, and peppercorns boiled in milk. The chilled beverage is an answer to all your cravings.
Instead of buying from market make this lovely drink at home. Let’s get started.
Thandai Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 & 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Cashew
- 1/3 Cup Pistachio
- 1/3 Cup Almonds (Slightly peeled)
- 1/4 Cup Saunf
- 1/4 Cup Mask Melon seeds
- 1 Tbsp Cardamom
- 1/2 Tbsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 Tsp Saffron 500ml Milk
- In a steel utensil, pour milk and let it come to a boil on low flame.
- Meanwhile, let’s prepare the masala. In a grinding jar, add almonds, pistachio, cashew, muskmelon seeds, saunf, cardamom seeds and black pepper and coarsely grind them.
Now grind it in pauses, grind for few seconds, remove lid and with help of spoon mix it and repeat the same process.
- Once you have the coarse mixture, add sugar, nutmeg, Kesar and ground it to powder but the same way as step 2.
- The Thandai masala or powder is ready. Ready to use or can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Just check on the milk, once boiled add 3 tbsp Thandai masala stir and mix well.
- Now on a medium flame, stirring continuously cook for a minute. After a minute the mixture will thicken out so turn off the flame.
- First cool it on room temperature and then refrigerate it.
- Serve the chilled Thandai and garnish with pistachio and strands of Kesar.
Enjoy the chilled Thandai on Holi summers with family and friends
DO share your cooking experience and keep posting comments and feedback.