Kaju Katli is one such famous Indian Sweet that you can never get tired of eating (at least I won’t!) Well this sweet is widely gifted and bought during major Indian festivities.
Of course I won’t wait till Diwali to gorge on to Kaju Katli; I won’t probably even go to the nearest sweet shop! Why? Because I have an instant recipe for this lip smacking sweet dish that is ready in just few minutes. If you are wondering it going to be a homogonous task making Kaju Katli, my friend you are wrong. Simply with two easy available ingredients we will be able to prepare a A-1 Kaju Katli. Without much suspense, let’s get started.
Instant Kaju Katli Recipe and Text Recipe Below
- 1 Cup Crushed Cashew powder
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- Crush cashew nuts in powder form to a point where it gets the grainy texture. Make sure you don’t make cashew paste.
- Heat the pan, add sugar and water. Both sugar and water should be in same proportion. Let it boil to one string consistency.
- Add Cashew powder and mix it well. Let it cook for few minutes until it becomes smooth and creamy. Once it starts coming off the pan switch off the flame.
- Take a plate and grease it with ghee, add cashew paste and stir it to let it warm.
- Once it becomes warm take butter paper and grease it with ghee, add cashew mixture on one half of the butter paper and close with the other half of the paper.
- With the help of the rolling pin gently roll it outwards into the desired thickness.
- Now allow it to cool & set.
- Cut it out in diamond shape serve!
Well yes we are done! Brilliant isn’t it. Please do try it in your kitchen and let me know your experience. Drop your comments below and feel free to ask me anything.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.
Pingback: 10 Diwali Dessert recipes (Eggless, Quick and Easy) - Alisha's Dessert Safari