Thandai rice kheer is a perfect sweet to eat during the festival of holi. This five ingredient recipe is sure to make your Holi special!
If you are diet conscious, you may also opt for the low fat version by switching to low fat milk.The smooth creamy concoction is sure to appease your festive mood or brighten up your day otherwise!
You can try Thandai and Pakora Platter to make your holi a little more colorful and appetizing.
Thandai Rice Kheer Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Thandai Rice Kheer Recipe
- 1/3 Cup Rice Soaked
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Thandai Masala
- Dry fruits Few Chopped - for garnish
- 2 ltr full fat milk
- In a thick bottomed pan, preferably aluminium, heat water.
- Once the water is hot add 2liters of full fat milk.
- Simmer on full flame, stirring frequently.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, lower the flame and while stirring scrap the sides of the vessel.
- Repeating the step four, keep simmering the milk until the quantity is almost half.
- Now add washed and soaked and drained rice in the milk.
- Keep stirring and scraping the sides until the rice cooks.
- Once rice is cooked add thandai powder, sugar, and mix well. Cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Stir well, the delicious thandai rice pudding is ready to be served.
Music, colors, loved ones, snack snacks and this mouthwatering Thandai Kheer is all you need to have one great HOLI!
Everyone is going to love this kheer, do try it and let me know in the comment your experience with the recipe.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.